Monday 18 January 2016

How to solve the biggest problems with Life

Dear readers,
Life is not a bed of roses.  Indeed true!  We all face hardships and these hardships mold our outlook towards life.
Let me tell you a little story.

I was a failure initially……….
I am born into a middle class Indian family. My dad is a doctor and my mum was a full-time housewife. When I was about three years old, we moved to a bigger city, Chandigarh and my dad started up his clinic. At about same time I got admission into a good school. I was doing fairly well and was among the all-rounders of the school. I made the best friends, was the favorite of teachers. Things were looking good initially.

But something went wrong……….
After few years, I was moved to a posh school. I faced challenges in adjusting and coping up with the rich, higher-class, sophisticated mates. I felt inferior and was looked down upon by the fellows. Things became hard for me. I remember clearly how I always used to be afraid to go to school. It was rough, it was hard and in the midst of all that I began to despair. As things became harder and harder, I became even more desperate. My academic performance went down the line. Once the favorite of teachers, an all-rounder was now categorized among low scorers.
And to add to it, I lost my mum that time. I felt alone. I became emotionally vulnerable. I lost my childhood. The things seemed to have ended for me. I moved to a new city to live with my maternal grandparents. I lost my mum, was living in a new city away from dad and home. Responsibilities added up in the age of thirteen- now I had to take care of my baby sister (six  years younger to me who probably didn’t even know the meaning of death clearly that time) as well as the domestic chores of the house as grandmum  is too old.
A new school, new people, new city- that vicious circle started again.
I desired to be successful. I just didn’t know how.

And I was certain there was a key to Success somewhere……….
I had to find the key. I had to find a way out. I struggled. I asked questions. Can you imagine a brand new car with all the accessories in place- good tyres, good engine, great body, a good ignition key but without petrol in it? What would happen if you try to start that car? That was my situation. I was on the same spot trying to figure out what to do. I was helpless.

Fast forward a few years since then……….
Things changed!
I found the most helpful teachers who supported me through this rough phase. I changed my perspective to look at the things. I was weak at mathematics, so I thrived for excellence and made mathematics my strength.  Instead of seeing the responsibilities as burden on shoulders, I made a special bond with my sis and I started enjoying the daily household chores especially cooking.
I moved with my sis to live with my dad again-back to the same home and hometown. I worked hard; once again I was counted among the bright students of the class.
  •   I achieved meritorious position in higher secondary and senior secondary examinations.
  •   I completed my Bachelors in Information Technology with distinction.
  •   I managed to grab offer letters from five of the best MNCs.
  •   Today, I am working with one of those MNCs and I am an independent lady.
  •  Today, I travel, read books, spend amounts of money which were only possible in my dreams years ago.

What changed for me? What made this possible?
Luck? Nope?
Education? Yes!
Hard work? Yes!
Zeal to achieve what I deserve? Yes!
What made it all change for me was because I discovered several life-altering truths which I applied to my life. These truths transformed me. The hardships and adversities changed my outlook towards life.
Although responsibilities at the young age turned me premature but I emerged out to be a stronger person.

The Process……….
We all have a spark inside us. We just need to ignite it.
I believe that if life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have people wonder how the hell you did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment